Sunday, September 16, 2012

Saturday at Schultzy's

Until Friday I did not have a single mount of a fish that I have brought to hand.  After landing the 23.5" brown in Wyoming I decided that enough was enough, and I could not be happier with how it turned out!  If you would like to get one of your own I do still have a couple spots open for the July 2013 return to the Bighorns....

Saturday morning I got up and hit the road to get over to Schultz Outfitters.  I knew I was going to be in the area and the Michigan game was the late game, so I had a few hours to burn. Tying flies at the shop seemed like the perfect way to spend the day.  I got there at ten and there were a few people that were waiting for the doors to open.  I quickly got set up and started tying some flies and telling stories.

Here is a shot that Schultzy took part way through the day.  There was a good crew of guys that hung out for the day and we had some more people come and go throughout.  We ended up doing some Red Rockets and Double Decievers as well as playing around wih some pattern ideas for Shimmer Fringe.  At three I got out and hit 94 headed east...and made it to Gilberts Lodge missingonly the first set of downs.  Back home now and planning what needs tied this week...

-mike schmidt

1 comment:

  1. Mike....Who did you have do your replica? I landed a 24" with Bear back in June that I would like to get a replica of it.

    Thanks!

    Bart Roberts

    ReplyDelete