Wednesday, January 26, 2011

To blog or not to blog...

That was the question, and I guess it has been answered since here we are. For no apparent reason I do not like the word blog so I decided this will be a 'News Feed', but I suppose it still quacks like a duck...

For some time now I have maintained a regular account of what I have been up to with a Facebook page for ACF. That page has housed pictures of events, flies, fishing, and has been a general collection of thoughts as I have time to get them up a few times a week; that site will continue on as it has to date.

My intent for this page is to be a functional sister site to the retail side of the business; http://www.anglerschoiceflies.com/. Here I will be able to explore more pattern designs through discussions and interact with followers in a way not possible on the retail site. To begin with I will ramp up the ACF News Feed by essentially mirroring the Facebook posts, but will be adding a bit more detail about each item or topic as they are posted here. Up to this point all social media has had an expiration date, so my hope is that this Anglers Choice Flies News Feed will provide a place for me to continue to post pictures and interact with customers, friends and followers long after the current FB kick has run it's course.

Thanks for checking this out, and I hope you will be back for more!

-mike schmidt
http://www.anglerschoiceflies.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment